The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation is an exciting news and journalism organization on a mission to democratize the news for the public benefit.
To help support our mission we are looking for a Asterisk Administrator / Engineer who would embrace the opportunity to take a role with our growing organization.
The position requires a professional who is adept at coming up with solutions when problems arise, bootstrapping solutions, is a fantastic communicator, is team-oriented, and understands how to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
Part-time contract to start with potential to grow into a permanent full-time role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup, operate and maintain an Asterisk (XiVO) VoiP network
- Provide IP network support of new and existing services and features
- Support first level for all operational outages in VOIP
- Troubleshoot voice services for all LAN and WAN hardware components, and configure correct communication media segments
- Track competent working multifaceted projects
- Manage technical aspects of relations with Wholesale VOIP providers and other voice platformsMonitor IP and PBX servers for their functionalities
- Provide Ticket and Real-time Phone Support relating to our VOIP platform
- Support infrastructure including upgrades and patching
- Provide subject matter expertize as required
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in network and computer systems administrators or in a field related to computer or information science
- Five (5) years of VOIP experience
- Two (2) years experience with the Asterisk platform
- Experience with one or more of the following SIP Phone brands: Yealink, Polycom, Grandstream, Cisco, Vtech and others
- Experience with SIP Trunking
- Experience working in XiVO a big plus
- Ability to solve complex issues, and provide detailed information to our engineering team with minimal guidance.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Domain level knowledge of VOIP protocols such as SIP, RTP/SRTP including TLS
- Domain knowledge on VoIP
- Knowledge of routing protocols, such as OSPF & BGP
- Knowledge of MPLS and VLAN’s
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, and Mongo
- Knowledge in Security, such as IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) and fire walls
- Knowledge on Linux (Postfix)
- Knowledge on SMTP, POP3 and IMPA
- Knowledge on DNS platform, such as BIND
- Knowledge on Apache Application
- Knowledge on SNMP
- Knowledge of common office and internet applications
- Knowledge of networking environments
- Knowledge on the configuration of windows and MacOS based PC’s.
- Knowledge of third party/open source SIP stacks
- Implement QOS in VOIP networks
- Multi task in a fast paced environment Customer service skills.
- Strong PC and IP trouble shooting skills including TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP and DNS
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and communications skills (English).
- Problem solving skills.
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged.
How to apply
Please submit a few details about yourself making sure you include specifics about:
- a Resume/CV and brief cover letter
- Your requested hourly compensation rate
- Starts On: July 25, 2019, 8:50 a.m.