Breaking News Reporter
The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation is launching a news service and we are looking for a general assignment breaking news reporter.
The successful candidate will be able to cover breaking news across all categories, excluding entertainment and sports.
- Research, write and report multiple news briefs and follow-ups.
- Break short wire service style stories and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure
- Conceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalism
- Ensure all reporting is factual and accurate and subscribes to our core journalism principles and journalism code of practice.
- promote reporting across social media.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred. A journalism degree is not required.
- Candidate should have at least two (2) years experience reporting breaking news.
- Strong ability to convey news in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Working knowledge of modern digital media technology, particularly content-management tools and systems.
- Active and professional user of social media.
- Highly motivated, can work well independently or in team environment.
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please submit a brief cover letter including a few details about yourself, making sure you include all of the following:
(incomplete submissions will be discarded)
- Your resume/CV,
- 3 - 5 sample news articles,
- Where you’re located,
- Your requested compensation rate.
- This is a contract position to start.
- No phone calls.
- No agencies.