Community Reporter (Wellington, FL)
The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation, is hiring a Community Reporter for a pilot news initiative in Wellington and Royal Palm Beach, Florida.This community reporter will be responsible for covering local government and educational institutions with particular emphasis how their actions are impacting residents’ lives, and the community as a whole.
This is a job for someone who can take meeting agendas and documents and turn them into stories that matter to residents, parents, students and teachers.The community reporter will use social media and other tools to grow audience and engage with the community. We expect this reporter to act quickly on breaking local news and produce enterprise and government accountability stories.Requirements:
How to Apply:
- Experience writing for an online/digital news organization, website, newspaper or magazine
- Excellent communication and time management skills; ability to reliably deliver on deadline
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, accurately and ethically with style and detail
- Good understanding of audience and community-building on social media and in person
- Degree in journalism or similar area of study or relevant experience
- This role requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by Florida law.
When applying, please include a single document with as much of the following as possible:
It’s important that these items be assembled into a single document, preferably in PDF format. The application will only allow one document upload. Completing these steps will ensure that you receive the highest consideration.This is a pilot program and we offer a competitive hourly compensation and career growth opportunities.
- a brief cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the position,
- your updated resume, and
- portfolio/clips/links to a few samples of your work.
- Starts On: Feb. 13, 2020, 7:06 a.m.