Coronavirus Reporter (Health)
The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation is launching a public service news service and we are looking for an experienced reporter to produce news and coronavirus news content suitable for distribution to our global news partners and associates.
The successful candidate will be able to cover breaking coronavirus (COVID-19) news.
- Research, write and report informative news briefs and follow-ups.
- Break short wire service style stories and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure
- Conceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalism on the global coronavirus outbreak, and related stories
- Ensure all reporting is factual and accurate and subscribes to our core journalism principles and journalism code of practice.
- promote reporting across social media.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred. A journalism degree is not required.
- Candidate should have at least two (2) years experience reporting health and/or medical news.
- Strong ability to convey sometimes complex news health related topics in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Working knowledge of modern digital media technology, particularly content-management tools and systems.
- Active and professional user of social media.
- Highly motivated, can work well independently, or in team environment.
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please submit a brief cover letter including a few details about yourself, making sure you include all of the following: (incomplete submissions will be discarded)
- Your resume/CV,
- 3 - 5 sample news articles,
- Where you’re located,
- Your requested compensation rate.
- This is a contract position to start.
- No phone calls.
- No agencies.
- Starts On: Jan. 21, 2020, 1:33 p.m.
Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation
1717 K Street NW
Washington DC 20006
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Phone: (202) 850-0909