Public Engagement Intern
We are seeking an public engagement intern who will be actively involved in crafting Fourth Estates messaging and outreach efforts by working on our major initiatives.
As a member of the team you will work to support the Fourth Estate in developing strategies and executing campaigns by engaging with Fourth Estate's constituents and community online, and through researching, writing and creating content for these campaigns and initiatives, the intern will learn about some of the most significant developments and issues in news, journalism, press freedoms!
We’re seeking a quick learner capable of grasping and analyzing sometimes complex and divisive issues and who can create compelling content to engage our online global community.
- Assist in the research, development and execution of the Fourth Estate's public engagement initiatives
- Research, write and edit content for online and offline publication
- Monitoring and analyzing diverse media sources
- Conduct research and fact-checking for campaigns
- Develop general engagement ideas
- Participate in team meetings and discussion Identify outreach and engagement opportunities
- Craft campaign texts to be used on Fourth Estate’s websites
- Use social media and engage with our online community
- Knowledge and interest in news, journalism, freedom of information and human rights issues
- Strong academic record
- Outgoing, creative and enthusiastic
- Proven interest in digital freedom, public organizing and campaigning
- Proven research, analytical, writing and editing abilities.
- Student or recent graduate in international relations, journalism, communications or similar field
- Fluency in English is required. French, German, Spanish or other European languages is a plus
- We are flexible on term, but prefer a candidate who is available to work for at least 5 months
- We prefer a minimum of 16-20 hours per week
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged. Ability to travel internationally and domestically is preferred.
Deadline: Rolling application