Full Stack Python Developer [SuperDesk] (Part Time)
The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp is looking for a full-stack engineer to join us part-time.
In a given day you might work on managing infrastructure or contributing code to the opensource projects we use, or anything in between. you will be instrumental in directing architecture decisions to exploring new technologies that might better suit our needs.
We are not looking for a software development “team”. We are looking for one (or two) very awesome people to grow with the company and help build the next-generation global news organization.
The stacks we use are: Python/Django on top of Postgres or Python/Flask on top of Mongo/Elasticsearch with some other technologies sprinkled in.
The frontend is a mix modern web tech, REST APIs, AJAX, and deployed to a variety of services including Linode, Vultr, AWS, baremetal, and more.
We'll be using Git to manage code and Gitlab for issues and pull requests and Wire for internal communication.
- You should have experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework.
- Experience with an RDBMS, Postgres, Mongo and Elasticsearch prefered.
- Command of modern web browsers.
- Experience with version control fundamentals.
- Understanding of server administration.
- Comfortable on a command line in a Linux environment, Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience with non-profits/associations a big plus.
- Must be able to effectively telecommute
- An entrepreneurial spirit and healthy sense of humor.
- You should work and play well with others,
- and be solutions oriented.
For more information on the applications we use please see: SuperDesk.
This is a telecommute position.
No agencies or recruiters, please.
Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications and scalable cloud-based technologies. Solve problems and squash bugs as they arise as we scale and grow our member base. Work to integrate new and existing services and products
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged.
How to Apply
Pleases submit your specifics, a resume and your requested compensation along with a brief explanation on why you’re the perfect candidate for this opportunity.
This project will have part time requirements and will start as a contract, however has full-time and long-term potential for the right person.