Full Stack Python Developer [SuperDesk] (Part Time)
The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp is looking for a full-stack engineer to join us part-time.
In a given day you might work on managing infrastructure or contributing code to the opensource projects we use, or anything in between. you will be instrumental in directing architecture decisions to exploring new technologies that might better suit our needs.
We are not looking for a software development “team”. We are looking for one (or two) awesome people to grow with the company and help build the next-generation global news organization.
The stacks we use are: Python/Django on top of Postgres or Python/Flask on top of Mongo/Elasticsearch with some other technologies sprinkled in.
The frontend is a mix modern web tech, REST APIs, AJAX, and deployed to a variety of services including Linode, Vultr, AWS, baremetal, and more.
We'll be using Git to manage code and Gitlab for issues and pull requests and Wire for internal communication.
- You should have experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework.
- Experience with an RDBMS, Postgres, Mongo and Elasticsearch prefered.
- Command of modern web browsers.
- Experience with version control fundamentals.
- Understanding of server administration.
- Comfortable on a command line in a Linux environment, Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience with non-profits/associations a big plus.
- Must be able to effectively telecommute
- An entrepreneurial spirit and healthy sense of humor.
- You should work and play well with others,
- and be solutions oriented.
For more information on the applications we use please see: SuperDesk.
Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications and scalable cloud-based technologies. Solve problems and squash bugs as they arise as we scale and grow our member base. Work to integrate new and existing services and products
Time Commitment and Location
This is a part-time contract position, with potential for full-time and staff advancement. The position reports to our Washington, DC office, however this is a remote or telecommute position and applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged.
Compensation and Benefits
The Fourth Estate offers competitive compensation and benefits package that aligns with the communities and cultures in which our team operates.
While specific benefits can vary, Fourth Estate offers benefits to help our team embrace new challenges and allow them to advance their career. While specific benefits can vary, all team members benefit from a strong culture aligned around:
- Professional development
- Work-life balance…including a generous paid time-off program
- Flexibility in the workplace
- Interaction with a diverse, global team
- Engagement with passionate, principled professionals
- Organizational resilience and support for all team members
- Opportunity to recharge and grow…through refresher leave after 5 years
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume making sure to include your requested hourly compensation rate along with a brief explanation on why you’re the perfect candidate for this opportunity.
The Fourth Estate is a Public Benefit organization and international NGO registered in Colorado. We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
This commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
No agencies or recruiters.