Matrix.org Developer / Engineer
The Fourth Estate is a proponent of open and centralized technologies, and we are making a firm commitment to Matrix. But we need some help and we're looking for full-stack devops oriented developer to help us get started.
As the first member of the project team you'll be working and touching all aspects of the project, from core infrastructure to the front-end. You'll wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, and take the lead on building features, shipping code, and continuously finding opportunities to improve performance and increase security and reliability.
You are an Outstanding Candidate if:
Bonus points for tech used by other applications in the Fourth Estate's tech stack: Flask, Python-Eve, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, AngularJS, React , Celery , RabbitMQ.
- You have a craftsmanship-like approach to writing code.
- You have an evident passion for the importance of democratizing effects that open tech has on democracy.
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a small team, and get lots done with minimal oversight.
- You expertly work beyond the boundary of front-end code to build the best product.
- You flourish within a small development and engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems.
- You are able to articulate concepts, ideas and future direction to both the rest of the team and users.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and healthy sense of humor.
- You work and play well with others and be solutions oriented.
- Are fluent and proficient in English.
We are not looking for a software development “team”. We are looking for one (or two) awesome people to grow into the position, and with the company, and help build amazing useful communicaiton tools and platforms for next-generation global news organizations and the communities that they serve.
Remote candidates anywhere in the world are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Pleases submit all of the following: your CV/resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect candidate for this opportunity. Important: Be sure to include your requested hourly compensation rate.
This project will have flexible part time requirements and will start as a contract, however has full-time and long-term potential exist for the right person.
No agencies or recruiters.
The Fourth Estate is a Public Benefit cooperative and international NGO registered in Colorado. We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
This commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
- Position Reports To: Founder
- Location: Remote / Telecommute
- Starts On: May 26, 2021, 7:52 p.m.
- Code: Matrix