News and Editorial Intern
Fourth Estate News and Editorial Interns learn the fundamental skills of journalism from the ground up – news releases, monitoring news bulletins, compiling news diaries, basic news-writing skills, compiling biographies and assisting reporters with research.
You should be:
- A strong communicator and not afraid to ask questions, whether it be to fellow employees or when calling on stories
- A solid researcher, with solid writing, editing and fact-checking skills
- Respectful and hardworking, someone who's priority is gaining experience
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months.
- Pursuing a degree in journalism and/or interested in a career in the industry
- At least 18 years old
- Native fluency in a foreign language
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically
- We are flexible on term, but prefer a candidate who is available for at least one full academic term (approximately four months)
- We prefer a minimum of 16-20 hours per week
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged if they have access to reliable broadband internet.
Deadline: Rolling application
- Position Reports To: Executive Director
- Starts On: July 12, 2019, 6:35 a.m.