Open edX® Developer
The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation is looking for an experienced Open edX® Developer to help us build, manage and maintain the Fourth Estate's learning and MOOCs platform based on Open edX.
You will help the implement and propose new features that will be used in production by millions of learners. You will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and supporting scalable software systems. You will be collaborating with the Product Management, UX, and Data Science groups to understand business problems and identify solutions.
- Perform installation and settings for our Open edX platform
- Configuring Open edX platform to requirements
- Performance tuning of Open edX platform
- Identify and troubleshoot any issues in Open edX platform in production
- Carry out all the administrative tasks on the Open edX platform
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience working on any edX platform (Open edX or other)
- Experience in installation and configuration of edX platform
- Experience in performance tuning configuration desirable
- Troubleshooting skills for any issues on the Open edX platform
- Linux system administration skills
- Real-world experience with web development frameworks like Django
- •Experience in docker
- Understanding of MOOC (Massive open online course) Architecture
Who we are
We are an international, non-partisan, human rights, membership organization dedicated to an engaged and informed public, well equipped with quality information needed to make informed decisions by a strong free press.
The organization's initiatives include: advocacy, publicity efforts, investments, and strategic litigation strategies. Our name references a segment of society that wields an indirect but significant influence on society even though it is not a formally recognized part of the political system.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time contract position to start. There is flexibility in hours is allowed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates virtually. This role requires access and use of a computer, telephone, and broadband internet.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Hourly pay
- Flexible schedule
This position reports virtually to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged.
- Starts On: Aug. 27, 2020, 11:01 a.m.