Social Media Intern
The Fourth Estate is looking for a creative and motivated news junkie to join our communications team as a Social Media Intern.
This is a fast paced and dynamic environment, where you will be responsible for connecting Fourth Estate's brand with emerging culture and trends and creatively bringing them to life through social media.
The right candidate will be a self starter, passionate about journalism and press freedom and able to position the Fourth Estate as an influential, thought provoking brand engaged with current culture and news.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and grow social media audiences and drive engagement
- Grow our social media audience, create a voice resonates on social media
- Use social media to drive awareness of our brand and mission, and traffic to our websites
- Be responsive to breaking news and events that provide an opportunity to be a part of the conversation
- Seek out and identify key topics and events Fourth Estate can comment on
- Maintain and post to our Twitter and FourthEstate.social accounts
- Earn trust internally and externally with many different audiences and stakeholders
- Be creative and develop engaging social media content that's aligned with the our brand and point of view.
- Make quick strategic decisions with good judgement and creative thought
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on sometimes contentious and issues and create a clear, concise and well-written narrative to express it
We welcome remote/telecommute candidates looking for a part-time freelance social media contributor looking to work roughly 10-15 hours a week.
This is a paid internship.
- Level: Entry Level
- Period: Freelance / Contract
- Position Reports To: Executive Director
- Location: Remote/telecommute
- Familiarity with modern content management systems and social media scheduling systems.
- A strong personal social media presence.
- Knowledge of social media to support news and information dissemination, advocacy awareness, membership development, and audience-building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Attention to detail.
- A strong and collaborative work ethic.
- Education Required:
A high school diploma and you are pursuing a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or Journalism
Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation
1717 K Street NW
Washington DC 20006
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Phone: (202) 850-0909
- Contact Method:
Please submit your CV/résumé, a brief cover letter with links to recent writing samples.