The Fourth Estate news service is seeking an entry-level reporter for its new technology desk.
The ideal candidate will be a relentless reporter, well-sourced in today’s tech industry.
- Research, write and report multiple stories per week
- Break short wire service style stories and write and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure
- Conceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalism
- Ensure all reporting is factual and accurate and subscribes to our editorial standards and journalistic ideals.
- promiote reporting across social media.
Cultivating the technology beat is important, but reporters will be expected to work outside their beats, or conversely team up on coverage, as the news merits.
- Undergraduate degree. A journalism degree is not required
- Candidate should have at least two years experience covering and writing about tech
- Strong understanding of business, tech and internet culture
- Strong contacts and sources within the tech community
- Proven track record breaking stories in the area of tech and producing standout journalism
- Strong narrative storytelling and ability to tell stories in different formats
- Working knowledge of modern digital media technology, particularly content-management tools and systems
- Active and professional user of social media
- Highly motivated, can work well independently or in team environment
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged.
How to apply
Please submit a few details about yourself, making sure you include specifics about:
- a resume/CV
- 3 - 5 sample news articles
- Where you’re located
- Your requested compensation rate
- This is a contract position
- No agencies