Call for Speaker and Webinar Proposals
Do you have an idea for a webinar that would be appropriate for the Fourth Estate community? If so, we invite you to contribute to our Call for Webinar Proposals.
The Fourth Estate delivers webinars, interactive briefings and conference sessions on emerging issues and trends within a wide range of topics relating to news and journalism.
Click Here to submit your proposal
We welcome proposals at all levels of learning sophistication (introductory, intermediate and advanced) and on any topic of interest to the news and journalism community, including journalists, academics, students, and the consumers of news.
Most of our webinars have a running time of 60 minutes and involve one to two speakers. On occasion, we also host webinars that are 80 minutes long and feature 3-5 presenters representing perspectives of different institutions and/or backgrounds, and cover complementary aspects of a given topic.
We are accepting proposals for both types of format/duration.
- If you would like to present a 60-minute webinar: Your estimated presentation time is around 40 minutes with the remaining time spent on introductions and Q&A. Please submit a proposal for a topic you can adequately cover in this amount of time.
- If you would like to co-present with two or more other speakers (80-minute webinar): The estimated total presentation time is around 60 minutes with the remaining time spent on introductions and Q&A. Please submit a proposal for a topic that all presenters can adequately and comfortably cover in this amount of time, and indicate all presenters’ names in the proposal, if applicable.
Please note: We are committed to representing diverse viewpoints. One way we honor this commitment is by through pairing webinar presenters from different backgrounds and/or organizational affiliations. As such, we encourage you to identify co-presenters from different backgrounds and/or organizational affiliations. In some cases, we may suggest combining multiple proposals on a similar topic into a single webinar.
If your proposal is selected, each presenter will be expected to:
- Provide a biography and head shot to be used for promotional purposes.
- Develop a compelling presentation (slides, Prezi, etc.) to be used for the visual component of the webinar.
- Participate in at least one dress rehearsal to familiarize themselves with the technology we’ll be using and coordinate with other presenters.
- Promote the webinar to their networks.
Fourth Estate’s Role
- Provide the technology and infrastructure to promot and advertise the webinar, handle webinar registration, produce the webinar and host the recorded webinar.
- Promote the webinar to its network.
- Track webinar registrations and provide participants with all the information necessary to access the webinar.
- Train the presenter(s) on how to use the webinar platform and assist with the entire live webinar presentation.
- Moderate the webinar. This includes formally introducing the presenters and facilitating any Q&A and/or live polling.