Journalism Conference 2018 – Call for Speakers
We are seeking proposals on topics related to news and journalism industries, diversity and accessibility, innovation, etc, for the 2018 Journalism unConference. The event will be held September 28 - September 30 in Boston at Emerson College.
Conference sessions are meant for journalists, publishers, students, vendors and members of the news consuming public to discuss issues of interest. They are not an opportunity for marketing products or services, and we aim to give opportunities for everyone to be heard. As such, we encourage proposals that include representation from the different viewpoints and stakeholders in the global journalism ecosystem.
We are seeking proposals for the following session types:
- Lunch and Learn Discussions: 75 minute sessions; focused on audience interaction and discussion. Power Points are discouraged. Bringing your own lunch is optional for attendees.
- Concurrent Sessions: 45 minute sessions; standard presentation with 5-10 minutes for Q&A.
- Panel Discussion: 45 minute sessions; consisting of three-to-five people discussing a specific topic or challenge in a conversation moderated by a session chair.These sessions are great for public conversations on issues that are common to many audience members.
- Innovation Lightning Rounds: 10 minute sessions; focused on new technology, innovations, startups, etc.
- 7-14-28 Presentations: 7 minute PowerPoint presentations of 14 slides that have a minimum 28-point font size for any text. Allows presenters to focus on the essentials of their subject, while offering an audience the chance to enjoy multiple presentations in one sitting.
- Public Forums – Town Hall Meeting: 45 minute session. An informal public meeting that gives attendees an opportunity to get together to publicly discuss emerging issues and to voice concerns and preferences for peers.
- Other Session Types: Have a unique idea? We’d love to hear about it